Dining on campus is a quintessential part of the overall college experience! Check out our dining locations to see all of the wonderful options we offer!
Boise State University, ARAMARK celebrate National Nutrition Month
(Boise, ID March 7) – Boise State University Dining Services is proud to join the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics to celebrate National Nutrition Month®. With the theme of "Eat Right, Your Way, Every Day," this year’s National Nutrition Month recognizes that while food preferences, lifestyle, cultural and ethnic traditions, and health concerns can all impact individual food choices, the development of a personalized healthy eating style is essential.
“National Nutrition Month highlights the importance of making informed food choices that work for each individual’s lifestyle and nutrition needs,” said Executive Chef Philippe Didier. “We are committed to providing the campus community with a menu that features a variety of healthy options and supports consumers’ changing preferences.”
During the month of March, Boise State University Dining Services will celebrate National Nutrition Month with events and special dinners in the Boise River Café.
In addition to the on-campus events, here are a few ways students can “Eat Right, Your Way, Every Day” from the food and nutrition experts at the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics:
· Personalize your eating style: Th easiest way to get the nutrients your body needs is to eat healthy foods you enjoy. Finding good-for-you foods that please your palette makes eating healthfully special and exciting.
· Eat for your lifestyle: Athletic, vegetarian/vegan, corporate and family lifestyles all have special nutritional needs, but eating right can be easy and tasty with attention to those foods that best help get you through the day.
· Incorporate cultural and ethnic traditions: Foods from around the globe often incorporate an abundance of unique, flavorful and nourishing ingredients. Keep traditions alive and bring the world to your family’s table.
· Keep health concerns in mind: A healthful eating plan can help prevent and treat a variety of health concerns. With modification and moderation, you can still enjoy many of your favorite foods while meeting your nutritional needs and health goals.
· Make MyPlate your plate: Fill half of your plate with your favorite fruits and vegetables; keep protein portions lean and about three ounces; make at least half of your grain choices whole grains; and be sure to include low-fat or fat-free dairy.
Additionally, students can utilize the free CampusDish mobile app to review nutrition information for menu items, search for items by nutrition content, and more. Available for iPhones, iPads and Android phones, the app provides instant access to on-campus nutrition information. Students can also visit www.bsudining.com to learn more about healthy meal choices on campus.
About ARAMARK Higher Education
ARAMARK Higher Education is dedicated to excellence in dining, facility, and stadium and arena services. ARAMARK enhances the living and learning experience and environment for more than 600 colleges and universities throughout North America. For more information and a list of our services, visit www.aramarkhighered.com
About the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (formerly the American Dietetic Association) is the world’s largest organization of food and nutrition professionals. The Academy is committed to improving the nation’s health and advancing the profession of dietetics through research, education and advocacy. Visit the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics at www.eatright.org.