Student Meal Plan
"Frequently Asked Questions"

Where can I get more information about the new 2013-2014 meal plans?

Call us at 210-458-6352 for more information

When can I use my meal plan in the fall and spring?

Meal plans become active on the first day of the semester and become inactive on the last day of final exams.

Where can I use my student meal plan?

All-you-care-to-eat meals per semester can only be used at the RFoC at Roadrunner Cafe. Dining Dollars can be used at all of our campus dining locations, including the Downtown food court.

Can I change my plan?

After the Census date (12th class day of the semester: for Fall, September 13, 2013 and for Spring, January 29, 2014), no changes can be made to your meal plan. Until then, you can change your plan without penalty.  If you cancel your meal plan before the Census date, you are still responsible for a prorated portion of the meal plan based on meals consumed and Dining Dollars expended or number of days on the plan, whichever is greater, and an administrative fee.  All Chaparral Village, San Saba, and Laurel Village residents are required to have a meal plan and are unable to cancel it.  If you are at a Laurel Village, San Saba, or Chaparral Village resident, visit the Office of Housing and Resident Life at Laurel Village and complete a Meal Plan Change Form.  Complete the online Meal Plan Change Form through ASAP if you live in University Oaks, Chisholm Hall, or commute to campus.

How many all-you-care-to-eat meals can I use in one day?

Access 5 and Access 7 Meal Plan
You may eat as many times per day, within 30 minute increments, at the Roadrunner Café.

What do I do if my Dining Dollars
run low?

You may add Rowdy Dollars to your UTSACard using cash or check at one of the Fiscal Services locations, with cash at any Cash Value Station, or with a credit card (Master Card, American Express, or Discover) through your ASAP account.

Can I use my meal plan at the Downtown UTSA Campus?

Yes, you can use your Dining Dollars at the Downtown Campus food court. Your all-you-care-to-eat meals can only be used at the RFoC @ Roadrunner Cafe.

Do my Dining Dollars carry over from semester to semester?

No, unused Dining Dollars are forfeited at the end of each semester.

Can I treat a friend or colleague to a meal on my plan?

You can use your Dining Dollars to treat someone to a meal at any dining location on campus.  You are allowed to swipe in a guest at the RFoC @ Roadrunner Cafe with Guest Meal swipes, Dining Dollars, cash, and credit cards.

How do I sign up for a plan?

If you are a Chaparral, San Saba, or Laurel Village Resident, all contracts and arrangements should be made through the respective housing offices.  For everyone else, complete the contract online through ASAP.  The cost will be assessed to your tuition and fees at UTSA Fiscal Services where you can make a payment online or at a Fiscal Services Office.

What if I have questions that are not answered here?

E-mail us anytime at or call us at (210) 458-6352 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.  We'd be happy to answer any questions you have.

Faculty Staff Plan
"Frequently Asked Questions"

Where can I use my Faculty Staff dining plan?

Your plan can be used at all of our campus dining locations (RFoC @ Roadrunner Café, JPL Food Court, University Center Food Court, C3 Convenience Store, SUBWAY, Starbucks, Einstein’s Bros. Bagels, Extreme Pita, POD Express locations, The Downtown Campus Food Court, and Monterey Café).

Where do I purchase a Faculty Staff dining plan?

You can purchase a Faculty/Staff dining plan online 24/7 at with a major Credit Card. You can also purchase a dining plan at any of our ARAMARK retail locations, or the RFoC @ Roadrunner Café. Just have your payment ready and tell the cashier which dining plan you would like to purchase. It’s that easy!

What forms of payment are accepted to purchase a Faculty Staff Plan?

We accept all major credit cards, debit cards and cash. We cannot accept Rowdy Dollars or Checks for the purchase of a faculty staff meal plan.

Can I treat a friend or colleague to a meal on my dining plan?

Yes, you can treat a friend or colleague to a meal at any of our dining locations on campus using your Dining Dollars.

How much does it cost to treat a friend or colleague to a meal at the Roadrunner Cafe?

Any guest present with the faculty/staff meal plan holder is eligible to enter the Roadrunner Cafe at the discounted door rate.

Where can I learn more about your sustainability program?

For more information about our Green Thread Reusable Cups and the Eco-To-Go program, please visit Campusdish at or call our Sustainability Office at (210) 458-6352.

Where can I collect my Green Thread Reusable Cup and Eco-To-Go container?

Once you have purchased your Faculty/Staff plan please bring your original receipt to the ARAMARK Marketing & Sustainability Office, located in MS 1.05, to collect your items anytime between 9 am - 4 pm Monday - Friday. You can schedule an appointment for pick up by calling our Sustainability Office at 210-458-6352.

What if I have a question that’s not answered here?

For more information contact:UTSACard Office –
(210) 458-4639

(210) 458-6352