UD Dining features 16 dining locations around campus - each with a unique menu and atmosphere.
Enjoy great value, versatiliy and convenience with our meal plans.
*150 ALL POINT - 150 POINTS per semester for $150.
Meal Plan 101
Our meal plan options provide a combination of Meals, Points and/or Guest Passes (depending on which plan you choose). University ID cards will be automatically programmed with the meal plan you select.
Meal Plan Funds
- "Meals” can be used in any of our four, all-you-care-to-eat dining halls, located near each of the residential housing complexes across campus.
- Meals can not be used in our retail locations.
- When entering a dining hall, a student's University ID card is swiped and one Meal is deducted from the balance.
- Only one Meal can used during each meal period – once used, a meal plan holder will not be able to regain access during the same meal period using another Meal swipe (except in Anytime plans).
- There are a total of 19 possible meal periods each week; 3 on weekdays – breakfast, lunch and dinner - and 2 on the weekends – brunch and dinner.
- Meals must be used within the week or semester, depending on the plan (unused Meals do not roll over).
- 1 Point = $1
- Points work exactly like a debit account using a dollar-for-dollar, penny-for-penny transaction process.
- Points are mainly used in retail locations like Trabant Food Court, P.O.D. Market or Dunkin’ Donuts where menu items are purchased from an a la carte menu.
- Points can be used to pay for a meal in a dining hall at our Casual Meal Rates.
- Points will carry over from week-to-week and from the Fall semester through the Spring semester.
- Unused Points expire at the end of the Spring semester.
- Guest Passes come with Weekly and Block meal plans.
- Guest Passes are bonus Meals that can be used to treat a friend or family member to a meal in the dining halls just by swiping your University ID card.
- You can also use your Guest Passes as bonus Meals for yourself.
- Guest Passes, like Meals, cannot be used in the retail locations.
- Guest Passes will not roll over from semester to semester.
Types of Meal Plans
Required vs. Optional
- You are required to purchase a full meal plan if you reside in traditional on-campus housing.
- Select from “Weekly” and “Block” plans (details below)
If you live in the Christiana Towers or off campus you are not required to purchase a meal plan and may purchase any meal plan. Choose from “Anytime” and “All Points” plans to vary your dining options (details below).
“Weekly” vs. “Block” plans
“Weekly” plans – 19 Weekly, 15 Weekly or 10 Weekly
Not the best budgeter? These plans are for you, and guarantee that you'll have a consistent balance of Meals every week.
- Choose from 19, 15 or 10 Meals to use weekly in the dining halls
- Every Sunday morning, you start with your 19, 15 or 10 Meals to use until the following Saturday evening.
- Unused Meals expire each week, so pick a plan that seems to work on average for you week to week.
- Comes with a generous balance of Points...
- And 5 Guest Passes!
- This is a great plan if you keep a regular routine and expect to be dining consistently through the semester.
- Want to eat in the dining hall, but already used your Meals for the week? You can use Guest Passes, Points, Cash, -- Flex or Debit Card at the Casual Meal Rate.
- “Block” plans – 250 Block, 175 Block or 125 Block
These plans work great if you want flexibility throughout the semester.
- Start the semester with a block of Meals to use until the last day of the semester.
- Full balance of Meals available as of the first meal period of each sememster/session (announced each semester/session)
- Meals can be used in any combination week to week (but only one Meal per meal period).
- Unused Meals expire at the end of the semester.
- Comes with a generous balance of Points.
- And 5 Guest Passes!
- Want to eat in the dining halls, but used your Meals before the end of the semester? Use may choose to use - Guest Passes, Points, Cash, Flex or Debit Card at the Casual Meal Rate.
- Additional Meals cannot be purchased on an a la carte basis, but you may purchase an additional Anytime plan to supplement your Meals and Points. Again - Meals expire at the end of the semester, and Points expire at the end of Spring semester (end of the academic year).
“Anytime” plans vs. “All Point” plans
“Anytime” plans – 50 Anytime and 25 Anytime
“Anytime” plans are similar to “Block” plans - a big balance of Meals is used over the course of the semester.
Multiple Meal swipes are allowed for a single meal period – treat friends or family to a meal in the dining hall!
A lower balance of Meals and Points lets you eat on campus occasionally, but conveniently.
Since you can use multiple swipes per meal period, “Anytime” plans don't come with Guest Passes.
“All Point” plans – 750 All Point, 450 All Point and 300 All Point
“All Point” plans offer the option to dine at any UD Dining location - including concessions at athletic events and concerts!
- 750 All Point plan averages $50 per week over a 15 week semester.
- 450 All Point plan averages $30 per week over a 15 week semester.
- 300 All Point plan averages $20 per week over a 15 week semester.
*“All Point” plans don't come with Guest Passes.
Unused Points carry over from Summer to Fall to Winter to Spring, and expire at the end of Spring semester (end of the academic year).
153 Perkins Student Center
Newark, DE. 19716
Spring 2013 Official Meal Plan Signup Sweepstakes Rules